Terms and Conditions
Standard Terms for the Purchase of Online Courses, Group therapy and Personal sessions.
(For specific terms and conditions for booking and paying for retreats, please see below).
These terms and conditions apply to Services provided by Halima Muslima Wellbeing & Retreats (company number 13725012) of the registered office: Unit 25, Greys Green Farm, Henley-on-Thames
You may contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org and/or +44 1491579739.
We request that you familiarise yourself with relevant information regarding your chosen service. By using or accessing any part of this website you will be deemed to have accepted our terms in full. If you do not accept any of the terms please do not continue to use this website.
1. Our service
This website is provided by Halima Muslima to provide online group therapy, individual counselling and advertise retreats.
2. Please note that online courses are not client specific. For tailor-made support use our professional Counselling Service and receive therapy from a qualified Therapist.
3. Payment for online courses
We require that all customers ensure full payment is made before the course, session or retreat begins. In some cases, we may offer part payments. Please contact us to make arrangements. Payment is to be made via the website or if you would prefer a bank to bank transfer, then please contact us. ,
Companies, organisations and charities using BACS payment system to pay for therapy, for their members and employees will have 7-14 days for invoices to be fully paid. Late fees do apply. No VAT is currently being charged for any services.
4. Special offers
Discounts and offers are sometimes available to clients and customers. Special offers may only be available for a limited time and can be withdrawn at any time.
Personal therapy sessions
5. Adult and child sessions can be initially booked via the Halima Muslima website. If, after the first session, you decide to continue, you can arrange privately with the counsellor or therapists who will send their own terms of service to you which you can agree to.
6. If deciding to continue to book through the Halima Muslima website, an administration fee will be charged at 10% of the counselling fee.
For sessions booked through the website, the following terms apply;
7. While therapy sessions provide the space for clients to work through difficult feelings and emotions, Counsellors and Admin staff will not accept threatening or abusive behaviour towards them. Such behaviour may result in the session ending and the client being liable for the full session cost. Future sessions may not be permitted. Click the links to gain a deeper understanding of what Counselling sessions involve.
Clients and site visitors are not permitted to attempt to damage the website in any way through the introduction of viruses or any form of malicious or technology. Details of any breach of this will be forwarded to the relevant authorities.
8. The conduct of our staff is just as important. Halima Muslima team members are carefully selected, this is to ensure that clients receive services of a high professional standard that are ethical, confidential and safe. Our Therapists have significant post-qualification experience, as well as broad life experience. This better equips them to provide our diverse client group with the personal touch, as well as understanding and a naturally warm approach. We promote anti-discriminatory practice. We believe in providing care and compassion to everyone, regardless of their background.
9. Cancellation Policy
It is very important and a matter of mutual respect that you keep your appointments. All clients need to understand from the outset that we are unable to fit another client into your missed appointment slot at short notice. If for any reason you need to cancel/reschedule an appointment you will need to provide us with at least 8 hours' notice. Any cancellations with less than 8 hours' notice are chargeable for the full session fee. Being unavailable for any session without informing us will also incur the full fee for the session you have booked.
10. We request that you are available for your session at least 5 - 10 minutes before the agreed time. Please ensure that your status is set to online/available if you are using the instant chat or voip service. If you are using the phone service ensure that your phone is not engaged, disconnected or switched off.
Sessions start right on time. If you will be late in any way contact your Counsellor via email before your session time. If you have not contacted your Counsellor before your session and are late, offline, engaged, away or unavailable at the exact agreed session time our automated tool, which is linked to an internal system that manages bookings will automatically cut your Counsellor off from the instant chat, voip or telephone session, after which you will receive an automated email cancellation notifying you that you have incurred the full fee for the session.
11. Alternative Support
We may offer to assist you to find alternative support. We may do so if there is limited availability, if we are short-staffed, if we feel you require a different type of therapy or if you want a wide variety of Therapists to choose from. We don't want to turn you away without trying to help.
12. If we refer, make suggestions or help you to find alternative care, we will not profit or receive any cut. We believe that everyone should have access to therapy when they need it most.
We are happy to share website links and/or profiles so you can make your own selection. You are under no pressure to do so, we want you to be comfortable. We would be happy to assist you in making a choice if the need arises. We advise you to message or call the therapist or organisation first before booking, to ensure that they can help you.
*Please note that their pricing or schedule may vary, it may be higher or lower than our fees.
13. Disclaimer and Liability
Counselling for Children & Adolescents
All counsellors have been fully trained in safeguarding procedure and observe the following protools if they are concerned about a child's wellbeing.
1. Obtain as much information as the child wants to share, without pressurising or assuming, or putting words in their mouth.
2. Contact their supervisor
3. Contact the parents to discuss next steps which may include reporting the concern to the local authority if significant harm is feared for the child. The parents will be kept informed at all stages. Local authorities wish to work with families and keep families together so will make every effort to do so.
4. Continue to monitor and support the child and family in any way they can or pass the case to someone more qualified or follow local authority guidelines.
a. All sessions are private between the child and the counsellor. The counsellor can share basic themes and topics and offer advise or reflections with the parents. The only case that the Childs words, if they are of a difficult nature would be repeated would be in a safeguarding issue as stated above.
b. All content of the sessions remain entirely private and are never shared outside the therapy room beside the counsellors' own supervisor.
c. All family information is also kept private except in the case of a serious safeguarding concern.
3. Use of recordings
a. Sessions may be recorded for supervision purposes. The contents are the property of the counsellor and are never shared with anyone except the supervisor.
b. Counsellors are also under the obligations and ethical codes of conduct of their regulating body. This is usually the BACP.
Group therapy for children and Adolescents
1. All of the above safeguarding and privacy terms are observed with the inclusion of the other children in the group, who may know about certain life events of a child if they wish to share. All children in the group must agree to the privacy framework.
2. Full names and addresses are never shared with the other group members. Children can use another name if they so wish for confidentiality purposes.
3. If a child joins a group and it turns out they know the other participants and are not apty to be with them, then they can be charged to another group if there is one available.
4. All counsellors running the groups are fully qualified as child and adolescent counsellors with DBS checked.
5. Signing up
a. Parents need to complete a detailed questionnaire so that we can assess if the child would be suitable.
If so, there needs to be a minimum of 4 children per group. Once a group fills up, a time and date will be recommend.
b. Other times and dates will be set for the 1:1 therapy sessions which will take place at a different time.
c. All sessions are online. Children need to have a laptop or iPad, a stable internet connection. We are not responsible for your internet connection. If the child looses connection, they will miss the session.
d. Children will need to conduct themselves appropriately throughout the sessions. Any deliberately offensive behaviour will result in the child being removed from the sessions.
e. If the counsellor is unwell, she may need to cancel and rearrange the date of the session. The counsellor will give as much notice as possible.
f. If the child is unwell, they are encouraged to still attend the session because they are online. It may be possible to rearrange a 1;1 session but not the group sessions. No refund will be given in this case.
g. The cost is £149 per child which includes everything laid out in the FAQs. Payment terms are as above.
6. Cancellation policy
a. There is a 24 hour cooling off period if you wish to claim a full refund.
b. If no suitable time and date can be found for your child, then a full refund will be given.
c. If you wish to cancel before any sessions begin, then a 80% refund can be given up to a week before.
If children do not want to continue after having the 1:1 session, then 60% of the fee can be refunded. If the child wants to drop out after the group sessions begin, then 20% can be refunded up until the second session, at which point there are no refunds offered.
7. By signing up to the course you agree:
To make sure the child attends each session
To do the online parenting course
To make available appropriate art materials
8. We will make every effort to help your child with whatever issue they are facing. While we are confident that significant improvements are possible, we cannot make a specific guarantee as much depends on the effort both the child and the family makes.
1. Halima Muslima ltd commits to providing courses with the best possible content possible, according to the abilities of the course instructors.
2. Fees are due before a course starts at the advertised fee.
3. Halima Muslima reserves the right to remove any participant if they display inappropriate behaviour or bother the course leader so that they cannot run the course effectively.
4. Some of our courses have a money-back guarantee. This guarantee relates to the effectiveness of the course. In order to claim their money back, participants will need to have a) completed the entire course b) have implemented at least some of the strategies recommended on the course. If, after implementing the strategies and they prove to be ineffective, then we are happy to refund 90% of the course fee.
a) In the case of a national lockdown or rigid travel restrictions are in place at the time of the retreat and you are not able to travel, then you will get a full refund.
b) We do not accept any responsibility for flights booked in the case of lockdown or travel restrictions, please refer to the airlines' refund policy.
c) If you test positive for Covid-19 within ten days of the retreat, or are forced to self-isolate, then you will not be allowed to attend the retreat. Unfortunately, we will only be able to refund 50% of the retreat cost because of the costs involved, unless your place can be filled from the waiting list. We will need to see proof of a positive test result, or instruction to self-isolate in order to issue the refund. Alternatively you may swap to another retreat.
d) If you are experiencing signs of Covid-19, before the retreat begins, please get a test and be in touch immediately.
e) If you develop Covid symptoms whilst on retreat, then you will be moved to a private room and not be able to join the others in the activities or access the therapies. You will be looked after though of course! For international travel, you may need to rebook your flight and this would have to be according to the airlines' terms and conditions.
f) If a test is required for entry into Spain, then please organise this yourself.
g) We will not be wearing masks during the retreat as we will form a 'retreat bubble.'
h) This policy is subject to the local governments rules and restrictions.
May Allah keep everyone healthy - ameen.
1.Reservation policy for the retreats: A place is not secured until the deposit is received. Bookings can be made via the website where a deposit is payed.
2. The remaining balance will be invoiced 4 weeks prior to the arrival date. If you prefer to set up a payment plan, please contact email@example.com.
3. Cancellation policy, Retreats: a) A refund of the deposit may be made one week from booking if more than 1 month from retreat start. After this point until 2 months prior to the retreat, 75% of the deposit can be refunded. Between one and two months, then 50% can be refunded. Within one month of the retreat, then the deposit is no longer refundable. Once the full payment has been made, no refunds can be made except in exceptional circumstances. b) The customer may change to a different retreat in certain cases. c) If there is someone on the waiting list who can take your place, then 90% of the total amount can be refunded. The 10% is for administration costs.
4. Flights are not included in the package cost.
5. We reserve the right to request guests to leave if they demonstrate aggressive or unsuitable behaviour to staff or the other guests. No refund will be given.
6. Any food allergies or relevant health needs, physical and mental health need to be advised to Halima Muslima at the time of booking. Halima Muslima will make a decision about your suitability for attending the retreat. Your place may be cancelled if we feel we cannot accommodate you. A full refund will be issued. Halima Muslima will do their best to accommodate special needs and diets but cannot ultimately be held responsible for problems relating to these considerations.
7. All furniture and fittings must be left in the condition that it is found. Any damages or missing items will be charged for.
8. Some properties may have uneven surfaces and so care should be taken when exploring. Small children must be attended to in open areas. Halima Muslima do not accept liability for any injury sustained on the property. Private medical travel insurance is recommended as with any trip abroad.
9. We recommend you also take out your own travel insurance as Halima Muslima do not take responsibility for accidental incidents or loss of personal belongings.
10. For retreats abroad, please make sure your passport and other travel documentation is in date. (Note: Spain will require UK passport holders to have a valid passport for 6 months past the travel date.)
11. We know that you will have a wonderful time inshaAllah, but if there is any complaints, a complaint in writing by email may be made to Yasmin Watson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Therapy on the retreats
12. a. Everyone will be invited to attend the group sessions and a personal 1:1 session. While these sessions will have therapeutic value, they do not replace long term psychotherapy or counselling and are designed to give a taste of the benefits of counselling and group work. As they are running for only the duration of a retreat, they do not fall under the specific code of practise for UKCP or BACP, although will have the high ethics and standards of Halima Muslima's policies and standards as set out below. Any complaints can be sent to email@example.com.
b. Although we would want to welcome everyone to a retreat, we do not have the facilities to offer care for people with serious mental health conditions that impair their ability to look after themselves, or potentially constitute a risk to others or themselves or would have a negative impact on others on a retreat. This would include those with borderline personality disorders and other serious mental health conditions. If you are unsure, please contact us and we will be happy to discuss.
Therapeutic code of ethics
13. a.Halima Muslima Wellbeing and Retreats is committed to delivering therapy and therapeutic courses to a very high standard. This includes employing qualified and effective counsellors and psychotherapists who also have a good understanding of Islam and are sensitive to the issues that Islamic communities face.
b. Halima Muslima takes very seriously people's mental health and aims to provide the very best therapeutic interventions and service to the best of our abilities by Allah's support.
c. Safeguarding issues will be discussed with the client or the clients parents before seeking further advise outside.
d. Halima Muslima does not tolerate racial discriminatation.
e. While Halima Muslima takes a compassionate and inclusive attitude to all people, we cannot accept any transgender persons on a retreat or online group sessions due to others on the retreat not feeling comfortable. We welcome anyone in the LBGTQ community in personal counselling however.
f. Halima Muslima do not dispense any medication, even paracetamol. (So please bring your own supply when attending a retreat).
Copyright: The material, both intellectual and printed on this website is the Copyright of Halima Muslima Wellbeing & Retreats CIC, All rights reserved.